The feedback from the faculty as well as the analysis of university exam result confirms that failure of students in examinations is largely on account of irregularity in attending classes.
In view to ensure academic excellence, disciplinary approach and growth of students, all the students of JIET Group of Institutions are supposed to achieve at least 80% attendance in all the Lectures, Tutorials and Practical Examinations and Seminars arranged for the respective Course during the session.
All students shall be required to put in a minimum of 75% attendance in lectures and tutorials (taken together) and 75% in sessional and practical at the semester concerned so as to enable him/her to appear at the internal and university examinations.
A candidate shall not be permitted to appear in the internal/university examination of the subject(s) in which his/her attendance falls short of the minimum requirement.
- The attendance of the students is filled on weekly basis in ERP. The Students may check the same through ERP Mobile App. Students are advised to keep themselves updated regularly and take appropriate timely action in order to avoid disappointment later.
- The attendance is being sent to parents on their registered mobile number through SMS. It is responsibility of parents to inform students cell/tutor in case they do not receive the same.
- Further, In case of any change in contact detail, Parents and students are advised to get the same updated at student cell counter with sufficient proof.
- The list of the students found short of attendance shall be displayed on the College Notice Boards and website.
- Parents may (as a matter of courtesy but not a mandatory commitment) also be posted with the information indicating status of their wards.
Our sincere advice
The Remedial Classes – for those who really needs it
- The Institution takes various steps to bring the cases of shortage of attendance to the knowledge of students and their parents, as a general welfare measure and not as mandatory statutory requirement.
- The students and parents/guardians are requested to cooperate in implementation of the steps stated above and not to approach the administration for any kind of relaxation.
The institute organizes Remedial classes to improve weaker students’ academic performance, specifically in subject(s) in which they haven’t done well in their regular classes & Mid-Term exams. The Classes are arranged for those students whose academic performance is poor.