The Department of Computer Science Engineering & Information Technology at in JIET Universe has shaped itself to meet this challenge and prepare the future computer professionals by the way of bringing change in teaching methodology, students participation in seminars and project work. The institute is running a undergraduate course B.Tech. and a postgraduate course M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering. The programme provides intensive training to the students at advanced level to enable them to take up research and development activities. The course curriculum has been specially tailored to fulfill the growing global outlook and focus on upcoming technologies in the field of computer science to cater to the needs of the industry and R&D organizations. To achieve the above, the department has a computer center and hi-tech labs equipped with latest software and hardware technologies. With this background, the passing out candidates would be in much better position to carry out activities like software design, development testing and R&D. The Computer Science and Engineering Department has a well qualified and experienced faculty that ably guides, motivates and trains the students so that they can perform to their fullest and attain leadership position.
The Faculty is actively involved in research and development activities. The Faculty members of the Department have actively participated and contributed in National and International Conferences and Seminars.
The Department interacts with Information Technology Industry to augment the teaching methodology with industrial needs to provide industrial experience to the students to help them to focus their energies in the right direction The Computer Science and Engineering Department in the very short span of time has attained an invaluable position among the engineering colleges in the region. It has developed state- of -art laboratories in various fields of Computer Engineering, Database Management Systems, Computer Networking, Artificial Intelligence, Software Engineering, Multimedia, CAD/ CAM, Web Designing, etc. The Department also interacts regularly with Information Technology organizations like Microsoft, Oracle, Infosys,Sun Micro Systems, L&T, Infosys, HCL, etc. for providing latest technology updates to the student's just-in industry projects training, exposure to work environment and culture. The thrust areas of the Department are Computer Networking, Neural Networks, Distributed Computing, Software Engineering, Databases and programming language.
To become a global knowledge hub, striving continuously in pursuit of excellence in the areas of computer education, research, consultancy and technological services to the society.
To develop best quality Computer Science & Engineering professionals by imparting quality learning and value education, collaborative research based development work, training, hands on experience and strengthen the links with industry through partnership.
Prof. (Dr.) K. R. Chowdhary
Ph. D. (Natural Language Processing) from JNV University, Jodhpur
B.E. (Hons), (Electronics & Communication Engineering), M.B.M. Engineering College
P.G. Training, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Bombay
Ms. Mamta Garg
M. Tech., B. E.View Detail Profile
M. S. (Micro Electronics Engineering), RMIT, Melbourne, Australia
B. E. (Computer Science & Engineering) Amravati University ,Maharashtra
M. E. (Computer Science and Engineering), JNVU (Jodhpur).
B. E. (Computer Engineering), UOR (Jaipur).
M. Tech. (Network Security),JNU Jodhpur
B. E. (Computer Science, Honors), RU (Jaipur)
GATE(CS) with 94%
M. Tech. (Computer Science), JNU(Jodhpur)
B. E. (Information Technology Engineering), JECRC (Jodhpur)
M. E., M.B.M. Engg. College, JNV University, Jodhpur
Engineering Graduate from I.E. (India) [A.M.I.E.]
Jakir Hussain Ansari
M.Tech., MDU, Rohtak
Bachelor of Engineering, Rajasthan university, Jaipur
B.E., MECRC, Jodhpur
Suresh Kumar Jha
M.Tech. Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
Bachelor of Engineering, Rajasthan University, Jaipur
|1.||Mr. Amit Mishra acquired 7th position in State level of Unmanned Aircraft System competition 2015 which was organized by Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.|
|2.||Mr. Rajendra Purohit attended webinar on “Cloud computing and architecture” at cloud school.|
|3.||Prof. Pankaj Acharya, Prof. Syed Usman Ahmed and Mr. Manish Gehlot, Sr. Assistant Professor, were nominated for Faculty Partnership Award organized by Infosys Development Centeron 28th April 2015.|
|4.||Mr. Ashutosh Vyas as a co- convener organized 2 days i.e. 20th and 21st Feb’15 National Conference Etrasect'15 (Emerging Trends of Research in Applied Sciences, Experimental and Computational Techinques) in JIET coed campus.|
|5.||Mr. Amit Mishra have cleared 1st phase i.e. State level of Unmanned Aircraft System competition 2015 which is being organized by Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.|
|6.||Mr. Nitin Mathur is requested to be one of the members who would be preparing content of RS-CIT syllabus formation and book for Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Kota.|
|7.||Mr. Gaurav Solanki attended the S.T.T.P. program Infosys Campus Connect which was held at Infosys, Chandigarh from 15th September to 19th September 2014.|
|8.||Mr. Pankaj Acharya has participated in Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) on Foundation Program 4.0 conducted by Infosys Limited at Chandigarh Development Centre during 15th September to 19th September 2014 and has been awarded with ‘A’ Grade.|
|9.||Mr. Amit Mishra and Mr. Rajendra Purohit has participated in "Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) on Foundation Program 4.0 " conducted by Infosys Limited at Chandigarh Development Centre during 15th December - 19th December 2014.|
|10.||Ms. Priyanka Meiwal participated in Faculty Enablement Program (FEP) on foundation program 4.0, Focus area 2- Relational Database Management Systems conducted by Infosys Limited at Chandigarh development centre from 19 – 21 August’15 and was awarded A+ grade.|
|11.||Mr. Manish Gehlot attended 3 days’ workshop from 19-21 August 2015 at Infosys Chandigarh. This 3 days’ workshop was a part of Infosys Campus Connect, Foundation Program 4.0, and Focus Area 2. Mr. Manish Gehlot got A+ grade in this workshop.|
|12.||Ms. Prakash Kanwar and Ms. Jyoti Vyas attended 3 days ‘1st train the trainer program’ which included cloud computing, information storage and data analytics. It was conducted by EMC experts at Arya College of Engineering, Jaipur from 10 – 12 Sep’15.|
|13.||Mr. Amit Mishra developed ‘JIET Online Examination Portal (JOEP)’. This software can be used for conducting online exams. It also can be configured for different topics like English, Mathematics, logical reasoning, Image based questions, branch wise technical questions etc. It can analyse the topic wise performance of the student. It is currently being used by the department and also by PSD members for conducting mock online tests.|
|14.||Mr. Vinay Mathur and Mr. Mitesh Sharma attended a 5 day Short Term Course on ‘Advance Microprocessor and Controller’ organized by NITTR, Chandigarh from 14-18 September 2015 at JIET-Jodhpur, India|
|15.||Mr. Pankaj Acharya organized ETRASECT 2015 from 21st Feb 2015 to 22nd Feb 2015. He was member of Organizing Committee of the same.|
|16.||1. Mr. PankajAcharya attended Infosys Chandigarh meet on 18 March 2015.|
|1.||I-STICK SYSTEM||DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY||2013-2014|
|2.||EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION SERVICE||DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY||2013-2014|
|3.||E-CHALLAN SYSTEM||DEPARTMENT OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY||2012-2013|
|4.||MOBILE APPLICATION FOR ARORA APPS||ARORA APPS||2012-2013|
|4.||E-COMMERCE SOLUTION FOR MEDICINES||AGELE PHARAM||2012-2013|
|4.||WEB SOLUTION FOR VYOM METALS||VYOM METALS||2012-2013|
|Session||Type of Work||Sector||Team Members|
|2012-13||Web site Development||Core Industry||Dr. Sugandha Singh|
|Web based Student Feedback System||Eductional Institute||Anuj Kumar Singh|
|Online Exam System||IT Industry||Amit Mishra|
|2013-14||E-Commerce Solution||Medical||Dr. Sugandha Singh|
|Web site development||Medical||Anuj Kumar Singh|
|Web based Student Information System||Educational Institute||Mamta Garg|
|2014-15||Web based Online Exam System||Eductional Institute||Amit Mishra|
|S.No.||Name of Project||Name of Faculty|
|1.||Online Student Feedback System for JGI||Mayank Sharma|
|2.||Student Management System||Bharat Singh|
|3.||Web Portal for JGI||Bharat Singh
|S.No.||Name of Authors||Topic||Name of Journal|
|Digital Image Steganography Substitution Techniques||IJARCSEE|
|2.||Amit Mishra||Digital Image Steganography Substitution Techniques||IJCTEE|
|3.||Amit Mishra||New IP SAN ERA in Cluster Mirroring||IJERT|
|4.||Amit Mishra||Mobile Agents, Security Issues & Solutions||IJCTEE|
|5.||Rahul Bhandari||Overview of ME algorithm in H-261||IETE|
|6.||Rahul Bhandari||Investigation of Secirity Issues and Routing Protocol in Wireless Network||IJEEE|
|New IP SAN ERA in Cluster Mirroring||IJEIR - Inter-National Journal on International Journal of Engineering Innovations and Research).|
|Dawn of A New Concept of Communication: Broadband Technology-A Review||IJERT- Inter-National Journal on International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology|
Syed Usman Ahemd
|Automatic Test Case Generation using Collaboration UML Diagrams||WJST|
|Computational Techniques: Taking Organic Photochemistry to Cyberspace||IJCA|
Dr Anil Gupta
|Mobility Management And Caching Of Network||International Conference on Emerging Trends of Research in Applied Science & Computational Techniques, 21-22 Feb,2014.|
Simran Choudhary ,
|Fuzzy Rule Based Expert System for Analysis of Students’ Placement in Colleges||International Conference on Emerging Trends of Research in Applied Science & Computational Techniques, 21-22 Feb,2014.|
Dr Anil Gupta
|Denormalization Techniques in Scalable Database||NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON “NEW ADVANCES IN DATABASES, DATA MINING AND KNOWLEDGE DISCOVERY”(D2MKD-2013), 23-24 December 2013.|
|14.||Simran Choudhary||Genetic Algorithm for Traveling Salesman Problem: Using Modified Partially-Mapped Crossover Operator||IEEE International Conference on Multimedia, Signal Processing And Communication Technologies (IMPACT2009), 20-23, 14-16 March 2009, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh (UP), India|
|15.||Simran Choudhary||Application of artificial neural networks for the wind power prediction: A case study for Harshnath (Sikar), Rajasthan||National Conference on Energy 2008. Vol. 47, 18-19 Oct 2008, Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan, India.|
|16.||Vinay Mathur||Survey on working of smart homes||6th international conference on Upcoming Trends in IT (UTIT), held at "Punjab College of Technical Education (PCTE), Ludhiana" on 21/May/2010.|
|17.||Vinay Mathur||Impact of IT on Corporate Governance||National Conference on Creating a better India through Corporate Governance" held at "Seth G. L Bihani S.D. P.G. College, Sriganganagar" from 25- 26 Feb 2011.|
|18.||Kamna Agarwal||A Survey on Green Computing: Eco Friendly Computing||International Conference on Computer Engineering & Technology (ICCET’10) on 13-14th November organized by JIET, Jodhpur.|
|19.||Kamna Agarwal||“ A survey on Cloud Computing"||International Conference on Computer Engineering & Technology (ICCET’10) on 13-14th November organized by JIET, Jodhpur.|
|20.||Kamna Agarwal||Survey on Infrastructure platform Issues in Cloud Computing||International Journal of Science & Engineering Research (IJSER), Volume 3, Issues 3, March 2012.|
|21.||Kamna Agarwal||A Survey on Pervasive Computing||International Journal of Science & Engineering Research (IJSER), Volume 3, Issues 3, March 2012.|
|1.||Prof. Rajshree Jodha||"STUDY AND SIMULATION OF CACHE COHERENCE PROTOCOLS”||International Conference on VLSI, Communication and Networks (VCAN-2015)||Apr, 2015|
|2.||Mrs. Simran Choudhary||Fuzzy Rule Based Expert System for Analysis of Students’ Placement in Colleges||International Conference on Emerging Trends of Research in Applied Science & Computational Techniques||21-22 Feb, 2015|
|3.||Mr. Amit Mishra and Mr. Rajendra Purohit||“Application of mobile agent as tool to maintain consistency in Distributed System” and “Co-design approach”||National Conference on Emerging Trends of Research||21-22 Feb, 2015|
|4.||Mr. Rajendra Purohit||“Study and performance analysis of MANET routing protocols under CBR Traffic”||National Conference on Emerging Trends of Research||21-22 Feb, 2015|
|5.||Mr. Jitendra Suthar||“Anlysis of Lossy image compression using DCT and DWT”||National Conference on Emerging Trends of Research||21-22 Feb, 2015|
|6.||Prof. Ashutosh Vyas||"Encoding techniques in image compression as survey"||National Conference on Intelligent System (NCIS 2014||21-23 Dec. 2014|
|7.||Mrs. Simran Choudhary||Mobility Management And Caching Of Data Packets In Heterogeneous Ad Hoc Network||International Conference on Emerging Trends of Research in Applied Science & Computational Techniques||21-22 Feb,2014|
|8.||Prof. Rajshree Jodha||“CLOUD COMPUTING ARCHITECTURE FOR SUPPORTING E-GOVERNANCE”||National conference “NCIS-2014” organized by JIET –SETG.||2014|
|9.||Prof. Purva Sharma||“SURVEY ON ORTHOGONAL DIMENSIONS OF SYBIL ATTACK IN WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORK”||National conference “NCIS-2014” organized by JIET –SETG .||2014|
|10.||Mrs. Simran Choudhary||Denormalization Techniques in Scalable Database||NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON “NEW ADVANCES IN DATABASES, DATA MINING AND KNOWLEDGE DISCOVERY”||23-24 December 2013|
|11.||Mrs. Simran Choudhary||Genetic Algorithm for Traveling Salesman Problem: Using Modified Partially-Mapped Crossover Operator||IEEE International Conference on Multimedia, Signal Processing And Communication Technologies (IMPACT2009)||20-23, 14-16 March 2009,|
|1.||Induction Training Programme||9 January, 2016|
|2.||PHP||20 March 15|
|3.||Workshop on Ethical Hacking||7-8 April 14|
|4.||Workshop on Open Source Mozilla Firefox||8 Feb 14|
|5.||Workshop on Python||22 & 24 Oct 13|
|6.||Workshop on C/C++||27 Aug 13|
|7.||Seminar on Spoken tutorial by IIT Mumbai||26 July 13|
|8.||Workshop on Android||July 12 to May 13|
|9.||Workshop on Oracle||July 12 to May 13|
|10.||LINUX Certification||10 Oct 12|
|11.||Workshop on Embedded System||24 Aug 12|
|12.||Workshop on Robotics||14th -16 Jan 2012|
|13.||Workshop on Ethical Hacking||29 Feb - 1 March|
|1.||2nd National Conference on Emerging Trends of Research in Applied Sciences, Experimental & Computational Techniques||26-27, Feb 2016,|
|2.||National Conference on Emerging Trends of Research in Applied Sciences, Experimental & Computational Techniques||20-21, Feb 2015,|
|3.||International Conference on Emerging Trends of Research in Applied Sciences & Computational Techniques||21-22, Feb 2014,|
|3.||International Conference on Computer Engineering & Technology||Nov 2010,|
|S.No.||Name of Programme||Session|
|1.||Company Specific Training Programme||2015-2016|
|2.||Induction Training Programme||2015-2016|
|3.||Faculty Development Programme||2014-2015|
|4.||Infosys Campus Connect, Foundation Program 4.0, Focus Area -2||2014-2015|
|6.||Faculty Development Programme||2014-2015|
|8.||BIG DATA, FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM OFF CAMPUS||2014-2015|
|9.||FACULTY ENABLEMENT PROGRAM||2013-2014|
|10.||FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM||2013-2014|
|11.||FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM||2012-2013|
|12.||IBM RATIONAL ROSE||2012-2013|
|14.||FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM||2012-2013|
Today Computers have not only assumed strategic importance in the corporate world, they are also being effectively used in almost every field of human endeavor, ranging from space exploration to food processing and banking to communication etc.
Presence of some of the best known IT Multinationals like IBM, HP. Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, SUN, Oracle, Google, Motorola, Yahoo, etc. have made possible transfer of hardware & software technology in the country.
The Six main sectors in this field are:
- Hardware & Networking:
- This includes the physical elements of the computer system and deals with the designing, manufacturing and maintenance of computers. This area also includes the assembling of the manufactured components of the computers.
- Installing & integrating computer systems on one or at many locations over Networks for better connectivity among businesses.
- Computer Science Degrees - Computer Science Degree prepares students towards different aspects about management and maintenance of computer systems. The first years of the degree course are designed to provide a basic understanding of the overall construction of computer systems, knowledge of various programming languages and algorithms, and a general introduction to software engineering.
- Information Technology Degrees - Information Technology is the backbone of most businesses today. As businesses go global they get complex in nature and that's where information technology comes in to make the business transactions flow quickly and in a simpler mechanism. As information technology starts playing an important role in every sector, the need for competent and learned professionals will also rise.We offer B.Tech. in Information Technology.
- Software Engineering & Development
- This includes the set of instructions by which a computer is programmed for working and performing of specified tasks
- Programs may be for controlling the functioning of the computers or they may also be some user-friendly programs for specific needs
- Custom made programs & solutions for special applications are also needed on a huge scale.
- Services & Application Support:
- Systems integration & applications management
- Networking & data base management
- Installation & maintenance of software applications.
- Business Development & Customer Relationship Mgt. (CRM):
- In IT, these are akin to the Sales & Marketing activities.
- As Software solution providing is essentially a consulting discipline the marketing is highly technical & termed Business Development.
- Research and Development:
- It involves designing of chips and circuits, computer architecture and integration of peripherals.
- It also includes improvement and upgrading of the existing systems, softwares & applications.
- I.T. & Infrastructure Management:
- Managers ensure that the development and operations work goes on smoothly.
- They look after the allocation of resources and planning. B. Tech (CS or IT) + MBA) are much sought after in this segment.
Typical career path scenarios for Computer Science & IT professional are :
- Career Path 1: Designing and implementing software.
- This refers to the software development which has grown to include aspects of web development, interface design, security issues, mobile computing, and so on.
- Installing & integrating computer systems on one or at many locations over Networks for better connectivity among businesses.
- This is the career path that the majority of computer science graduates follow.
- While a bachelor's degree is generally sufficient for entry into this kind of career, many software professionals return to school to obtain a terminal master's degree. (Rarely is a doctorate involved.
- Career Path 2: Devising new ways to use computers.
- This refers to innovation in the application of computer technology.
- A career path in this area can involve advanced graduate work, followed by a position in a research university or industrial research and development laboratory
- It can involve entrepreneurial activity such as was evident during the dot-com boom of the 1990s or it can involve a combination of the two.
- Career Path 3: Developing effective ways to solve computing problems
- This refers to the application or development of computer science theory and knowledge of algorithms to ensure the best possible solutions for computationally intensive problems.
- As a practical matter, a career path in the development of new computer science theory typically requires graduate work to the Ph.D. level, followed by a position in a research university or an industrial research and development laboratory.
- Career Path 4: Planning and managing organizational technology infrastructure
- This is the type of work for which the new information technology (IT) programs explicitly aim to educate students.
Career paths 2 and 3 are undeniably in the domain of computer science graduates. Career paths 1 and 4 have spawned the new majors in software engineering and information technology, respectively, and information systems graduates often follow Career path 1, too Computer scientists continue to fill these positions, but programs in software engineering, information technology, and information systems offer alternative paths to these careers.
The Major Recruiters for this field are: Infosys, Accenture, Syntel, IBM, TCS, ORACLE, WIPRO, HCL Comnet, Mahindra Satyam, L&T Infotech, Birlasoft, Interglobe, Patni Computers, ACT Tv, Seclore Technologies, Hexaware Technology